I recently completed my PhD at the University of Manchester. The thesis is titled “A social network analysis approach to examining gendered character positions in popular film narratives”. For more info and to take a look at the data and notebooks, check out the project repository.
Jones, Pete. 2018. “Diana in the World of Men: a character network approach to analysing gendered vocal representation in Wonder Woman.” Feminist Media Studies, DOI: 10.1080/14680777.2018.1510846.
- Hollywood cinema
- Feminist media studies
- Social network analysis
- Digital humanities
- Superhero media
I am a member of the following groups and organisations:
- The Mitchell Centre for Social Network Analysis (website)
- Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research (CMI)
- International Network of Social Network Analysts (INSNA)
- Media, Communications and Cultural Studies Association (MeCCSA)
- British Sociological Association (BSA)
- British Association for American Studies (BAAS)